FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the luxury hotels of Dubai
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:42 am
Michael82

Originally Posted by ucce
Hi
I currently booked at Oberoi Al Zorah for a beach holiday in combination with a couple of days at Anantara Al Qasr. Distance from Dubai and design preferences aside, any other reasons for your negative comments? Or do you just donīt think it i is a proper luxury hotel in terms of service and facilities?
Having just been there I can vouch that it is a more luxurious Hotel than pretty much all other Beach Hotels in Dubai.

The Madinat Hotels are definately not Luxury, even their Top Restaurant - Pierchic - has gone drastically downhill in terms of quality.

One and Only the Palm has the nicest Rooms in Dubai, but they cost around 1200 Euros a night, you get a 2 bedroom villa with your private 12 meter pool at the oberoi for that money. At the Beach! Traffic from either is about the same to central Dubai (traffic on the Palm has been horrific lately).

Biggest turndown with One and Only - no food served at Pool or Beach. I will never ever understand that (its for Hygenic reasons they state - wonder why i can get food at the beach/pool at every other O and O hotel in the whole world but not there.)
2nd Biggest turndown is the fact that while lying at the Beach you have a pretty huge choice of different noisy construction sites to look at. Perfect for a beach Holiday.

Also one and only has double the Beverage prices than Oberoi.

So if choosing between these 2 i would always go for the oberoi. In both cases - traffic to dubai central can be horrible and you should focus on the beach.

And in terms of Beach Hotels there are no other top notch Hotels in Dubai right now (Bulgari might be). Four Seasons is below One and Only and the Oberoi.

(I've been to all of them)