FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SDC - New policy for paid First?
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:07 am
FlyingDL4Fun

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
SDC - New policy for paid First?

This is a first for me: On a paid First fare SJC-ATL-MCO. My flight gets in to ATL a bit early and I have 2.5 hours to my original ATL-MCO flight, or there is an earlier one leaving in 1.5 hours. I see there are 3 open seats on the earlier flight.

I go to the SkyClub and ask to SDC to the earlier flight as there are open seats. She types around, and then says she can't find my fare class. I state "Fare class does not need to be available in first, only in economy, and there are 3 open seats". She says no, asks the lady next to her who says the fare class must be available "but sometimes they do it". So I thank them and leave, and call the Diamond line and walk to the gate.

The Diamond line can't do it. Puts me on hold while I walk, and comes back and said she just spoke to ticketing and you can't SDC in the middle of a trip. I say that's not true, since I do it all the time coming from Intl destinations. She says "oh, intl tickets are different". But she offers to put me on standby.

I get to the gate, talk to the GA and she shows me her screen that I'm #12 on standby, bc all the upgrade clear before me and basically i'm standing by for an economy seat.

Please comment and tell me what the hell just happened to me?? thanks