FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hate starwood so much thinking of switching to United
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:42 am
Tedgrrrr

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Hate starwood so much thinking of switching to United

I realize that this post may not make much sense since Marriott and SPG have technically merged but after three pathetic stays at SPG all due in large part to employee incompetence on my three most recent Sheraton stays and to generally dirty hoteld - I am questioning why Delta would choose to affiliate themselves and their cross over rewards with a hotel chain that probably has a lot more in common with Spirit or Frontier than with Delta.

Delta (and the Marriott merger) brought me to Starwood and now I am seriously so pissed at Starwood that Marriott may bring me back to United due to the fact United associates themselves with a better hotel chain (amd believe me I am no fan of United).

It is just incredible - 1000 plus nights at Marriott with a handful of issues; three stays at Sheraton in one week and they are all disasters.