FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:21 pm
ALW

That's exactly what I was thinking. While neither confirming nor denying that the person in question is me , when I saw that description in the pop I immediately thought of the situation to which I referred:

the person applied at a land border for TN status, was rejected due to inadequate documentation, issued a formal denial of entry, and returned the next day with additional material that met the agent's requirements and was granted TN status. The second agent seemed to imply the denial of entry was overkill (vs something along the lines of "maybe you'd like to withdraw your application and go home", for example).

I thought this situation met the requirements for "yes" based on this popup, though it wouldn't be "violation if immigration laws" to this layman. That's why I flagged it here, and wondered if it would turn a routine no-interview renewal into an interview situation. As the popup says "not necessarily disqualifying, but should be noted" and failure to reveal is an issue in itself (a bit like declaring >$10K at the border).

=aw