FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta increasing Diamond MQD Waiver to $250,000
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:55 am
dinanm3atl

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Nolala
Does this mean if someone booked a ticket through Delta using the partner flight numbers instead of the delta code share number, the earnings would be calculated based on partner rules? Or, would delta apply delta earnings rules if delta has a code share?
If you book through Delta and fly the partner it would be a 006 ticket I believe and thus just get MQD as standard earning. IE on the dollars spent.

Originally Posted by ARH2
I apologize if this has been addressed already, but my question relates to MQD earnings with partner airlines. I asked 2 different diamond medallion reps and got 2 different answers. I recently flew a China eastern business class flight that cost me around $2200. According to the Delta site, I would receive 35% MQD's; however, if you look at the footnote, it clearly states the following:

"Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) apply to Medallion qualification. Flights marketed and ticketed by the partner will earn MQDs based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid."

The way I (want) to read this is that if my flight totaled around 14k miles roundtrip and the fare class yields 35% MQDs, that means I would earn around $4900 MQD's (14,000 miles * 35%)??? Am I completely off on this?

Thanks in advance!
Correct. I flew B Fares to PVG and on to JFK. It was a 620 dollar ticket and ended up with ~2000 MQDs. Booked expedia and was MU tickets.