FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official: Final United Boeing 747 Flight Was SFO-HNL on 7 Nov 2017 {SOLD OUT}
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:44 pm
CaptKornDog

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ChiTownMuggle
Well now, besides taking bets on (1) what percent of the flight is in group 1, and (2) what percent of the overhead space goes unused, we can now ponder how high the VDB would compensation go.
Going to go with 65% Group 1. 25% Group 2. Employees + Groups 3-5 make up the rest. Along with a few folks wanting to claim the title as last revenue passenger to board a United 747 . Kind of surprised that wasn't a mileage auction either.

I'm not even going to tempt fate with overhead! I'll probably plan on checking a bag and carry on my backpack under-seat. And if it goes around the belt for an hour in HNL and put in the closet while we are enjoying the arrival festivities, oh well!

My personal VDB amount - GS for life. Oh fine, 5 or 10 years, I'll be reasonable. .....and get me to HNL in F still. I'm celebrating a birthday this week too, I still want to go to HNL regardless haha. I did get the OLCI offer for DEN-SFO today ($200/300/400/other).

Next contest: over/under on the CPU list, and how high/low can we call go. Please, someone get a picture of me standing next to my name on the list while I'm #200 or 300.

Originally Posted by Dazed767
I'm going a bit stir crazy on this wait list . Part of me wants to fly out to SFO and be there Tuesday to test fate....
If didn't get on, I was almost convinced to fly out there just to see the gate party and the final takeoff. Could still be fun!

Originally Posted by ChiTownMuggle
I did too! No jackpot, though. I really want to go out again today and hit other sources, but no time. I'll be in the "poor girl, at least she tried" group.
Same category for me, too. Couldn't find a jacket that worked, will go with a blazer I have but did find a cool looking fedora to go along with it.