FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are we All Suckers for Using Expensive Phones When a Cheap $40 Will Work Fine?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:39 pm
mhdena

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I've been a Nexus/Pixel user.

I just sold my Pixel, and started using a $40 phone for a while (at least until the new Pixel comes out.) I bought this prepaid Verizon E4:

OK, the camera doesn't hold a candle to a flagship phone. And, the screen is not as good as a flagship, but very nice and readable.

I may well buy another flagship for the camera. But, an Iphone certainly does not have 17.5 times the functionality of this phone, but it does cost 17.5 times as much for the base model.
I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus and quite happy with it for two years, in fact I have two. The first one was subsidized by AT&T, the second bought on ebay for use on T-Mobile. I no longer have AT&T.

Some good deals on 6s and 6s Plus as well as 7 and 7 Plus. This is better value IMO than a $40 phone. I imagine you can find similar deals with Androids, Nexus and Pixels 1st gen.