FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US fleet list for Hertz -- What car might you get?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:55 am
Lyaec350

Programs: NW GE
I've noticed this as well. The CLK convertible is often priced lower than even the V6 camaro. This may be due to the limitations of only 2 seats an no luggage versus 4 seats (albeit uncomfortable in the back) and enough room for at least a couple bags in the trunk with the Camaro.

Tried renting a CLK for a day in HNL last spring but they were out when I arrived to pick it up so got a Camaro SS instead.

Originally Posted by orryowr
Looking at LAX for a JTAR, I'm told it'll be a Mercedes SLC/SLK Convertible or similar. To quote exctly:

Also, somehow, this is a few bucks cheaper than the convertible class, which is apparently a camaro convertible or similar.

1/ I don't see any other JTAR cars listed on the wiki. Am I correct thinking that the only car I can expect is a SLK250 Convertible?
2/ Is it possible that they don't have this car available for me on pick up even if I reserve it now?
3/ Why is the SLC/SLK cheaper than a camaro convertible? Isn't the mercedes a much "better" car? Is it older?