FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:52 am
makavel

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BENLEE
Thank you makavel for this wonderful review. Based on your review, I decided to try one night in my trip to SG 2 weeks from now. I booked a King Deluxe room and wonder if I should spurge for a JR suite instead. What do you think?

Also how you find the sound-proofing standard and is water pressure good? Two pet peeves of mine.
I hope you'll enjoy the hotel! As for your room question, I assume that by JR suite, you mean the Studio Suite? While the Rooms information page for this hotel lists the category "Junior Suites", the actual reservation page doesn't seem to. However, the description of the "Junior Suites" says they're 76 sq m, which is exactly the same size as the Studio Suite on the reservation page, so I believe they're the same. If the price difference isn't too great (I'm seeing sub-USD$30 difference on dates that I'm checking), I'd say it's worth it for the additional space. We definitely enjoyed our Studio Suite!

Regarding sound-proofing: the hotel was very quiet because it was low-occupancy on the night that we stayed (it was the opening day), but we didn't hear any noise from our family member who was staying in the room right next door. Hopefully that says good things about the sound-proofing! We also didn't notice any street noise.

The water pressure wasn't bad, but I did feel like it could have been improved a bit in the shower.