FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:45 am
notsosmart
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Against my better judgment, I will chime in, even though I wish this thread would get buried.

If you keep your itin simple, you will have fewer problems. Yes, I understand the desire to stop at IPC (for example), but that may complicated things, and the stopover rule there may extend your stop for too long. Not sure that Easter Island is worth that long a stop, but to each their own.

PPT is definitely not worth it, unless you plan on going to Bora Bora or some other neighbor island.

My itins that I'm keeping track of are simple AKL-SCL-MAD-TYO or small variations thereof. Plenty of availability into late 2018 schedule, with the added bonus of all 787 and 350 flights (kind of a big deal with all these Y segs).

Keep it simple and don't call the bloody airlines.

Of course, if someone can figure out how to make this an R/T to AKL, I'd be open to all kinds of permutations.