FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Class of Service Downgrade Due to Equipment Change on Paid Itinerary Question
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:22 am
xdaniel

Programs: SPG Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA Executive Platinum
So I just had an equipment change on SIN-HKG for tomorrow. I was booked in PEY 'E' Class, but because there is no PEY on 772 they downgraded me to the back of the plane in 'L'
I honestly don't care about the seat on 3 hours flight, but 'L' earns zero anything on AA and this would literally mean I'm gonna miss out on EXP, or gonna have to do some dumb flight to nowhere in December and I'd have a hard time making the schedule work. So I called CX. Apparently I could ask at the airport to be upgraded to J, if there is a space, but they can't do it on the phone. So I had them change to an earlier flight that has PEY. Turns out that because I already checked in earlier in the day when it still showed as 773 with PEY they could not process the change, but supposedly they will be able to do it at the airport. I was emailed a receipt that shows confirmed reservation for both flight. With that they are supposed to cancel the original flight and confirm the earlier flight once I get to the airport. What a hassle.