FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:03 am
brit44

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
OTP - Seamless 6 mins

I wanted to report back on my experience doing a B2B at OTP yesterday.

With the fog yesterday morning I was a little worried how this would pan out. At one point it showed a 2 hour delay going out but they reassigned another aircraft and I believed canceled the incoming MAN flight.

We left the stand around 40 mins late and there was about another 20-30 mins of taxiing. The crew were eager to make up time and have a quick turnaround. The 50 minute window was suddenly down to 30-40.

We arrived at gate 101 (inside the terminal is gate 3). I am not sure if it is always this gate. It is the closest gate to immigration, prob around 200 yds. I was seated in 2F so was one of the first off the plane. As you exit the plane and turn right you will see a security checkpoint on the left labeled transits and stairs going up to passport control. As soon as you are at the top of the stairs you are at passport control.

You just have to tell the officer there at the passport counter that you are a transit passenger, he checks your passport and then you turn around and go back down the stairs to the transit security machine. From there you are put out directly into the terminal. I timed it taking 6 minutes from the time I left the plane to actually being back at the gate and ready to board. We arrived at 4:02 and they started boarding at 4:20.

If anything it took 6 mins because another flight arrived before us and there was a little queue at passport control, but it could be done in less time.

The process was seamless and the OTP staff were very helpful and friendly.

Last edited by brit44; Nov 4, 2017 at 5:09 am