FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mattress trial in JCL to LGW and ORD this month
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:59 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
I think we'll see a full rollout across the board for mattresses in J, Hogg seems to be interested in restoring some of the "premium" nature and almost all of the competition have had them for some time.
Agreed. Hogg seems different already. Another thing I noticed is hot meals back on TPE afternoon flights instead of the pastry. I had it myself last week and heard similar from crew. The pastry thing still exists on some flights so it's not gone, and frankly it's junk food which I kinda prefer to a hot meal, but I realize it is really low cost behavior to be serving rubbery microwave pizza muffins in a cardboard box ... With enough garbage ingredients and filler to literally fill up the entire side of said carboard box in size 6 font - to people paying through the nose for a premium airline.

I am very excited to hear about the mattress pad. I never had an issue, but this will indeed cause me to stop asking for a separate duvet....which I normally use as a makeshift (and not great) mattress pad.