FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Trip Delay Reimbursement (Prestige, Chairman, HHonors, AAdvantage)
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:18 am
LASNRT

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Just covering my bases

I'm filling out the paperwork for the Prestige cancellation protection, and I just want to make sure I'm not walking into a landmine.

Key points:
*Trip to Africa booked in pieces, January-June this year, departing November 1
*Trip booked on various credit cards - main ticket from US-Africa booked on Barclay Arrival+ card (I had points to burn...)
*Mom broke her shoulder 2 weeks before departure - she lives alone, and I'm the only living relative. Doc told me I really needed to move in with her for the next couple of months because she can't drive or even stand up from a sitting position, let alone do any household chores, bathe, get to doctor appointments, etc., on her own. I have paperwork from the doctor advising this.
*Prestige card charges included Airbnbs as well as an airline ticket within Africa
*All tickets/hotels/Airbnbs etc cancelled about 10 days before scheduled departure from US.

I'm submitting claims to Citi only for the non-refundable portions of the Airbnbs and the air ticket *at the end of my trip* within Africa (minus the few dollars in taxes I've been refunded). Of course, only the charges I actually made on the Prestige card.

I'm taking it, by the language from the 2016 benefits guide, that I should be able to claim those expenses, as they are "a portion of the trip."

Two questions:

1. I'm not going to run into trouble because I didn't purchase the ticket from here to Africa, covering the dates of the entire trip, on a different card, am I?

2. About $200 of the Airbnbs were paid with Airbnb gift cards that I purchased at about a 10% discount online, for my own use, with the Prestige card. Although I don't have an expectation of getting them approved, would it hurt to ask? I still have the receipts from purchase, being sent to my own email address - so I can be specific about it. My entire claim with Citi is under $750, if that means anything.

Thank you FTers for your advice!