FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:49 am
dabbler

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But I was supposed to fly MAN-FRA-SFO-HNL on thursday, it was star alliance booked by Omega Travel. Could anyone help?

I wasn't able to make the flight due to Omega rescheduling the originating flight from 8.30am to 6.10am. I tried but I'd had to stay at work late and couldn't make it.

I asked Omega what my options were and they only said I was eligible for a tax refund.
So I obliged, gutted I was to miss this holiday to Hawaii. However, looking online through the T+C's of united (united headed the ticket) and I saw that in case of an advanced no-show they offer a rebooking for a fee.

I found out two interesting things here:
- Omega said their most restrictive fares did not allow rebooking, but speaking to United they said a travel agent will say that because it's more work for them. After pushing this with Omega they said - yes they would have allowed rebooking if I hadn't tax refunded it.

- Omega pushed me to initiate the tax refund first, presumably to benefit theirselves as they take a cut of the reimbursement. Is there anyone I can complain to about them failing to offer me a rebooking?

I got my hands burned by this one, I booked the ticket for almost a 5th of what it is showing online right now. I wonder if I can complain about Omega to any regulatory body and I am probably not going to get the chance to go again.