FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW to AUH Route Cancelled starting 3/25
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:44 am
tcormier

Programs: AAdvantage, UR
Originally Posted by British Balikbayan
I assume you're American. For clarification, I assume you mean 25th March?

For future reference, much of the world does NOT use the American date system. In my opinion the American system is illogical because the numbers are in a non- hierarchical order. Fortunately on this occasion, the day of the month was above 12. When both numbers are below 12, it creates international ambiguity.

In my opinion it's better to write the month as a word when using a forum accessed internationally. The computer dating system also works well (eg 2017-11-02).

Please don't take this as a personal attack.

#MAGA ^

Mike

Posted 02/11/2017
Yep! Annoying American and Texan here :P I was writing this in a hurry so I could be sure to get it out here for anyone else affected by this. I had to then quickly find another route to AUH on March 31st for my honeymoon. Tricky since it was all done with AAdvantage miles.

But in a way, I have Etihad to half blame and half thanks now.

Half blame because now I have to fly to LHR on American's 777-300ER, which isn't bad but still doesn't compare to EY F.

Half thanks, because I then booked LHR to AUH on the EY A380 in F, which will be wonderful for the fiancee (she has been looking forward to the A380 on our return leg from AUH to JFK and is ecstatic to be flying it twice).