FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:09 pm
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by in4tar
Between PH and Peninsula - I assume everyone would choose the latter?
Location, ambiance and service matter to us the most. But... I am Diamond (errr...Globalist) with Hyatt, so can get a suite at PH, and (since my stay is in 2018) - I will get stay credits for re-qualification...if you were in the same situation - would you still go with Peninsula? Or PH?
I really don’t like The Peninsula Tokyo very much at all, even though I am a big fan of most Pen properties.

I would say a Suite at Park Hyatt trumps a room at the Peninsula. And, if you need the nights for status, that’s all the more reason to consider it.

The PH is not what it once was, but then again neither is the Peninsula. And the Park Hyatt had a very significantly longer reign as best in town. Even though times have changed, PH is still a beautiful, iconic hotel. I think if you haven’t been yet, you still should have the experience. The same cannot be said for the pen, IMO.

Peninsula is possibly my least favorite of them all. I once liked it, but have been highly disappointed by it.