FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta increasing Diamond MQD Waiver to $250,000
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:03 pm
mnbp

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by tanglin
Jumping in at page 35...! I have an Amex related question.

I'm considering my options for next year. My Amex Platinum is up for renewal in March. I am lucky, because I got this card for the MQD waiver a few years ago when I was totally flying down the back and couldn't make the spend. Due to a change in circumstances I think I'll find it easy to make the cut with spend.

I am considering moving down to either Gold or Blue next year. Yes, the mile bonus at $25k/$50k is fine, but right now I have 280k MQMs for 2017, so collecting miles is not really a problem.

One thing I like about Amex is the personal rental car insurance, which I would not like to lose.

So, getting to the point, what do you think should be the best options for me for Amex next year?

Are there any benefits for someone like me staying with the $200 Amex product, or just going down. Would there be any benefit even in going to Gold or would Blue still be OK?
Why do you need any Amex product? What does an Amex product give you? Sounds like you are already DM and don't need the waiver, and even the MQMs don't matter. Based on your comments thus far, I don't see that an Amex product gives you anything you don't already have.