FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:11 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I went to a Shell station in Giant MD territory yesterday. I swiped my FR card and gas went down to 1.9 cents. It seemed great. But later I looked online at my FR and Giant accounts. It took all the credit from FR and none from Giant. This is very bad for me, as my Giant rewards are going to start expiring next week and my FR rewards are good through the end of the year. I thought/wanted $1.50 to come from Giant and the rest from FR.

I first called Giant to complain and they were useless. But then I called FR who figured out my accounts weren't actually linked. Weird, because I signed up for FR on the Giant website! He told me to go back to the Giant website to link them and, when it did, it seemed like the system was busted (no acknowledgement when I clicked "link") but suddenly several dollars of points flowed into my FR account. I have no idea why, and the rep couldn't explain it either. At the same time, no points were drained from my Giant gas rewards account from my recent purchase.

So I don't seem to be worse off, and I may be better off. But I still have no idea whatsoever why my points are what they are or what will happen the next time I try to buy gas.