FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:03 pm
Mbcijim10

I have a personal United Club card that gets $7-$10k normal spend on it per month. Those points go right into United, not an issue.

I have over 820K UR points in my Chase Ink account. That account is totally normal spend $20k/month over about 15 card holders (medium sized business).

About 125k is from the Chase Sapphire Reserve from last year 100k signup bonus. I used it and abandoned that card. I don't think I will do anymore signups anymore with that kind of balance, to keep away from risk of shutdown.

I don't mind dumping 100k each into United and Hyatt but really don't know where to park the rest other than keeping them in the Chase account.

All total I have 3 chase cards. I will probably cancel the Chase Sapphire when the year is up. No MS at all on any card.

I know you all are going to say use them, I try. I've redeemed 4,050,000 points since I started tracking 4 years ago. I couldn't tell you how many were Chase points.

So here's my question: Am I at risk for confiscation/shutdown? It's starting to be enough points that I worry about it.