FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:05 am
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'm surprised you were able to get into a SEA BR if it was SRO. There's been a lot of reports of PP holders being turned away due to capacity control issues when it's too crowded and some BR's just putting out a sign saying they aren't admitting PP holders.
Thanks for your PP insight and field reports. I have no direct experience with PP. I got into the SEA BR because my wife and I were flying first class and I had a couple of admission codes as an MVPG bennie.

Hilton needs to add another tier above diamond or have a special diamond level like Delta has Diamond 360... Hilton is only getting my personal (which is usually cheap) rates and very few business rates. Most of my business stays are going to Hyatt if there is one in the area or SPG.
Agreed. With the Citi Reserve Visa I have actually eased up on Hilton stays the last few years, knowing I'll remain Gold whether I hit 20 or not. I prefer Hyatt properties anyway; they're just not thick enough on the ground. These card deals have the perverse effect in some cases of making people less loyal. As a cardholder I can stay at La Quintas or use Priceline without jeopardizing my Hilton status, and non-cardholders start to feel like idiots for working / spending to qualify the old-fashioned way.

I can just imagine the outrage from top tier flyers if they partnered with a credit card giving top tier status for only $450 (or even $1,500) a year
If a random person could buy AA EXP, BAEC Gold, or UA 1K for $450, those programs would obviously self-destruct overnight, and the airlines would hemorrhage loyalty-driven premium revenue. Hard to believe Hilton doesn't see some lesson in there somewhere.