FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:41 pm
CHCflyer

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Two year ago I was booked HAM-LHR-NCL which all fell into a heap due weather en route. BA finally paid hotel and rail costs.
Fast forward two years and totally unplanned I was in HAM with my Wife going to NCL booked in Club.
Weather caused the inbound flight operating our outbound flight to divert to BRU. OK, but at least there were two later BA flights I could take that could make NCL albeit later in the day.
Two gate agents were tasked with rebooking over 100 passengers (our flight ended up being delayed 5 hours). As these poor agents also had to manage the boarding of those two later BA flights to LHR I was finally rebooked some 7 hours after my original scheduled departure time. I was rebooked the following morning to NCL and I booked myself into a hotel in town. BA has paid the hotac costs pretty swiftly, I must say, but is saying the delay was due to weather.
The fact is that BA's under-resourced agents taking 7 hours to rebook caused my delay. There were two more flight possibilities but the queue was simply too long for me to get to the front. By the time I was served all options were closed.
Bremen call centre said there was nothing they could do as my booking was under airport control.
Surely this is a valid compensation claim?
Being reprotected last with a Euro800 one-way Club ticket and Emerald status is pretty poor.