FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:32 pm
ALW

Time to renew my Nexus again (it expires in March). I'm a little confused about conflicting information but also want to make sure I didn't click the wrong button. I have created an account on login.gov to use the new TTP site. My dashboard says I'm a Nexus member and I clicked on renew. Wording seems to imply I'm applying for a new Nexus card so I wonder if I did something wrong.

CBSA site says:

Please note that a streamlined renewal process is now in place. It is no longer necessary for the majority of renewing members who have not had changes to their information and have maintained their low-risk status to attend an interview.
but TTP site says:

If your application is conditionally approved, you will be required to travel to an enrollment center for an interview.
and the button is "Apply for Nexus" which makes me wonder if I took the wrong path. Am I in the right place there?

Also, I wondered about renewing by paper vs online. The latter is easier but the former is $15 cheaper (USD vs CAD). Is there any functional difference? If I'm not going to need an interview I can wait an extra week or two, but if there is in fact always an interview I probably have to apply now.

Finally, will I get a full 5 years? This card was issued in Sep 2012 and expires Mar 2018, so I assume the new one will expire Mar 2023.

Thanks!
=aw