FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest Promo/Sales Questions: MLK Weekend Trip
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:07 am
danheaton

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
1) There are currently no sale fares from STL to MCO. Should I wait for sale fares and hope for a cheaper rate? No
2) I haven't seen any threads about recent promo codes that aren't targeted that I could use for a discount. Any info there? Very unlikely
3) I'm concerned that the rates will go up or be completely sold out. Is it worth it to just book the higher rates and then take the credit if/when a better fare becomes available?Yes We're about 10 weeks out now, so we're getting into the best range to book.Wrong. This may be true in general, but not during periods of high demand. The best time to book these flights was probably a while ago (although no one can say for sure).
4) Any other suggestions on getting the best rate?You could try searching one person at a time. Sometimes there is only one ticket available at a certain fare. Of course if you do this, you will have to check in more than one reservation. You could also book Southwest to MCO and another airline back, although I don't see anything much better except a frontier flight which gets in pretty late.
If it were me, I would probably buy the non stop for $206 that leaves at 8:10 at this point.
Thanks for the replies. You're basically confirming my assumptions. I figured we were probably stuck but wanted to make sure there weren't any other options to explore.