FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sydney - Auckand in Air New Zealand in J then to WLG
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:28 pm
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MrSydney
Mad_Atta would have been proud that I skipped coffee/tea and decided to enjoy a Marlborough Sav Blanc.
Indeed I am - good work, Mr Sydney!

Originally Posted by MrSydney
Thank goodness I was sitting in Row 1 so no one could see me having a wee tipple or two - not that that ever bothered me before.
And nor should it - as Pucci Galore pointed out, the sun is always over the yardarm *somewhere* on the planet!!

Anyway, a great report as usual. Glad to hear the service was up to scratch. I'm surprised that you were served breakfast on that flight - I thought 9.30 departures onwards got lunch? Breakfast is my least favourite meal on an aircraft, but it sounds like they managed to get it right anyway. I was interested to see that they don't offer the personal DVD players in J on the 767s - they really are a huge leap forward. You can think of me in Y on SYD-WLG this evening with only one movie choice to look forward to! Then again, a few glasses of Lindauer special reserve in the lounge and I can find anything fairly entertaining.

As for sitting next to Banksy on the domestic sector - what an irritating redneck he is. How very satisfying that you didn't recognise him - that can't have done his ego any good at all! BTW, did you find the legroom limited in row 1 - I always find bulkhead seats a bit of a problem as I can find any room for my toes. And did you check out the new lounge at AKL? The beauty of upgrading trans-Tasman then connecting to domestic in these post-domestic-business-class days (assuming you don't have lounge access anyway) is that you can present your business class boarding pass and say you're connecting from an international J-class flight and they will let you in! Cheeky but effective.

Have fun on that long haul to LA!

Edited to add: How on earth did you get charged $32 for a taxi from the airport to the railway station? I know Wellington taxi charges went up recently, but that is daylight robbery. It should be under $20 for that distance. You was robbed, girlfriend!!!

Last edited by mad_atta; Jun 8, 2004 at 10:31 pm Reason: Too much wine at lunchtime