FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Work around needed for amending reservation (shorter stay)
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:08 am
adampenrith

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Not sure why you would jump ship over this. Do you expect:
1. To be able to skip the first leg of a multi-leg flight trip and get refunded for it?
2. Make a car reservation for 7 days, then want to change to 6 and get a partial refund?

Rates change and most require you to rebook at the current rates. The only option (IMO) is to suck it up and eat the loss since your plans changed, or cancel and see if the Exec Room opens back up at the same rate. However, it might not, and you'll be stuck with the lower room.

Well I have not been a Hilton member for very long, I purchased some points at a good price, did two stays in Europe, Florence and Venice, happy with what we got.

This reservation was the bulk of our existing points - if Hilton is going to be difficult to deal with I would be happier dumping the brand and going back to IHG where I usually stay.

We have always stayed at the IC in KL just wanted to use these points due to lack of longevity.

Your suggestion about a multi leg flight is just that - very different situation.

A car rental reservation would normally charge you for the time you had the veh rather than the times on the original reservation.

But I got your intolerance with me over this matter - I appreciate your feedback