FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2 flights on same day with same flight number at LHR - unexpected consequence
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:28 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by donard
The situation was that the taxi transfer company simply monitors flights on the public displays, and do not get involved in flight tracking tools. In my case, just by chance, it would have been extremely awkward if the transfer company was not there, as we had abnormal (for us) checked baggage. Based on the information displayed by Heathrow, the taxi company would have left long before we got through. It was only my daughter who persuaded them to stay. Priority baggage labels and an EU passport also helped. But AC were the ones who caused this problem, and their London staff should have known about it when they were contacted.

The same thing could happen again, and ruin "meet and greet" arrangements.
I usually, when possible, give a quick heads up to the transfer service or to my "assistant" to give heads up to the transfer company of any delayed flight that I would be arriving on.