FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:26 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
What dates are you looking for? LAX/SFO-HKG are tough in J but seems to be better out of YVR especially on the A350. Keep in mind the A350 only operates Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from YVR and it is an excellent departure time at 9:10 am getting into HKG before 5:00 pm +1 day. I believe the A350 from SFO operates on the same days.

As stated on my last post I was able to book YVR-HKG//HKG-DPS on the A350 for January 20th about 10 days ago for 50K. Just prior I picked up 2 CX J JNB-HKG//HKG-BOS in late February for 62.5K each. I am piecing together a 7 week RWT starting Jan 2. We are Flying A380 SFO-DXB on EK in J with a 26 day stopover before A380 J DXB-JNB. During the stopover I used AA miles for 2 EY F Apartments from AUH-SYD. QF domestic F will take us to Darwin (DRW) and a sardine can ULCC for th 2 1/2 flight to Bali (DPS). KLM paid Y on their daily DSP-SIN-AMS B777 service will get us to SIN for a little over $100USD with seat selection, baggae included. Now working on the last leg from SIN back to DXB to catch the onward flight to JNB. Hoping awards can be booked soon on SQ. EK (QF codeshare) SIN-DXB have four daily flight with F and J availability but can't be booked as awards on AS. Luckly in my searches, AS was able to see the exact availability I saw and the booking process had them reserved within 10 minutes of calling in after feeding AS the dates and flight numbers.
I could follow your itinerary on the 7 weeks RTW trip more or less but I could not figure out where the "YVR-HKG//HKG-DPS on the A350 for January 20th" fits in.

Reading your post I thought you are going to Bali the long way via Middle East and Australia already. Then you return to DXB to pick up the other detour to JNB.
From JNB you will be back to BOS with a stopover in HKG.

So where is the YVR-HKG//HKG-DPS fits in on the 7 weeks RTW trip? Or it is a separate trip altogether?