FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:08 am
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by VA1379
The current Citi cardholders will not be converted to Amex cards. Citibank will convert those cards to other Citi credit cards since they have not sold those accounts to American Express.
That is not true.

Originally Posted by loomis
I think that my best bet is to cancel my HH Visa before January 31, so that I don't get auto-enrolled in any HH AMEX, knowing that I may need to "buy" my status some time down the road, getting a sign-up bonus along the way.
If you don't mind giving up a credit facility and the associated possible FICO hit, makes sense. I expect I will do the same, as I don't really want to trade a Visa product for an Amex product and I feel slammed in this situation.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I wonder if Am Ex will close the accounts of previous Am Ex deadbeats who have a citi hilton card and defaulted in the past and are on their blacklist. I also wonder how they will treat people like me who have an existing Hilton Am Ex.
Amex logic / reason is pretty black-boxy. You never know what they're going to do to you unilaterally. My trust level is very low.