FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2017: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:27 am
supatight80

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by puchong
Veterans here will probably not be surprised, but I have had four claims denied in the past fortnight, where the competing site reduced their rates hours before the denial message came through. It seems as if SPG, after receiving a valid claim, induces the OTA to increase their rates. Does this actually happen or is it just my imagination? If so, then we might as well forget about submitting any claims.
And why would they do that? It is to SPG's benefit that they approve claims as the affected property has to pay financial penalties to SPG for each approved claim.

If SPG really wants to help properties regarding BRG claims, then all they have to do is follow Hyatt's footsteps...

Anyways, on a side note. I have submitted at least a dozen BRG claims the past 2-3 days, all approved within 20-36 hours