FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:42 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Larch2017
I have been searching for several days on

business seat SFO-HK on the CX89x flight with A350 plane to no avail.

Wondering if CX are not giving out any award business seat to their partners?

There are plenty of CX87x flights business award seats flying 777-300ER. Just no CX89x on A350.

1 - Wondering anyone here were able to book any award CX89x SFO-HK business seats at all?
2 - Is this the case when CX starting the A350 flights in other routes earlier this year?
What dates are you looking for? LAX/SFO-HKG are tough in J but seems to be better out of YVR especially on the A350. Keep in mind the A350 only operates Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from YVR and it is an excellent departure time at 9:10 am getting into HKG before 5:00 pm +1 day. I believe the A350 from SFO operates on the same days.

As stated on my last post I was able to book YVR-HKG//HKG-DPS on the A350 for January 20th about 10 days ago for 50K. Just prior I picked up 2 CX J JNB-HKG//HKG-BOS in late February for 62.5K each. I am piecing together a 7 week RWT starting Jan 2. We are Flying A380 SFO-DXB on EK in J with a 26 day stopover before A380 J DXB-JNB. During the stopover I used AA miles for 2 EY F Apartments from AUH-SYD. QF domestic F will take us to Darwin (DRW) and a sardine can ULCC for th 2 1/2 flight to Bali (DPS). KLM paid Y on their daily DSP-SIN-AMS B777 service will get us to SIN for a little over $100USD with seat selection, baggae included. Now working on the last leg from SIN back to DXB to catch the onward flight to JNB. Hoping awards can be booked soon on SQ. EK (QF codeshare) SIN-DXB have four daily flight with F and J availability but can't be booked as awards on AS. Luckly in my searches, AS was able to see the exact availability I saw and the booking process had them reserved within 10 minutes of calling in after feeding AS the dates and flight numbers.