FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Work around needed for amending reservation (shorter stay)
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:19 pm
adampenrith

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Work around needed for amending reservation (shorter stay)

Booked a 4 night stay at the Hilton KL back in March.

King Exec with Club Access for 35 000 points per night.

Our travel plans have changed and now we are spending the first night at the Doubletree in Johru Baru before training it to KL.

when I went to modify the booking the King Exec rooms were not available, only base rooms at 24 000 points per night.

Hang on a minute I already have 4 nights booked why can I not just modify the reservation down to 3 nights.

Hotel told me to ctc Hilton Honors - Hilton Honors said no can do.

So at the moment the booking has a notation saying we are arriving on the 2nd night, and I have been told that I just have to lose the 35 000 points for the first night or rebook at 24 000 points for a base room, we really wanted access to club.

So my question is - to the Brains Trust - is there a way to fix this mess, or do I just suck it up, use up the rest of my points and move my buseinss away from Hilton.

I only signed up in 2014 prior to a European trip where we had a couple of stays in Hiltons - so its no biggie to jump ship, but I would have thought Hilton would have been more understanding and done something to keep a member.

Thanks in advance for the advice