FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B6 Unionized??? (let's hope not)
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:01 pm
NGisME

Programs: ..wanna be airline worker.. hustling aint easy
Originally Posted by Seat13c
From what I understand (and if I'm wrong, please correct me), B6 offers more of a PTO option. This works in a way were you get so much time off for so much work. Once you earn the time off, you can use it for sick days, vacation days, or personal days. B6 recognizes that some people require more sick days than others and others like to opt for more vacation time. There are people like myself who never get sick and have no kids and people like my sister who gets a bout of the flue once a year in the winter that whips her out for 3 or 4 days. She, also, has 3 kids where one of them is seemly always gets sick, too.

The union probably sees that they don't have anything labeled as "sick days" and use that as their selling point.

JetBlue gives employees 'occurrences' for using their sick time. in 2015 a law passed in Massachusetts that states employees can use sick time without repercussions. However, JetBlue doesn't acknowledge the state law.

That's going to bring a lot of problems, and law suits their way.. Possibly even a class action lawsuit as the Attorney General is now getting involved. Should be interesting!