FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Westin in the world -- what are your favorites?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:00 pm
jmanirish

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Rossello321
FWIW, not a huge fan of the Westin brand, so take this with a grain of salt, but my favorite Westin thus far - by a mile - is the Westin Palace Madrid.

To me, the hotel feels much more like a St. Regis than a Westin. The building alone is killer, as is the breakfast, service, and overall vibe.

The bar is a must-visit, even if youīre not a guest at the hotel. Many famous authors, poets, and painters have spent quite a bit of time here getting a tad drunk

I donīt think thereīs a lounge here, but Iīm not really a lounge-goer.

Redemption options are very reasonable last time I checked...I think around 20k points per night?

So yeah - not sure if itīs the history, the bar, or the hard product itself - but this has been my favorite Westin to date (been staying at Westins across the globe for the past 4 years, FYI).
Obviously a personal preference/opinion, but couldn't disagree more. I spent over 100 nights at the palace Madrid over a year and a half long. As such I got to experience various rooms, servers, etc. The hard product is 'meh' at best, definitely not StR status. The palace feels worn and looks dated in many places (not good/intentional dated either). Breakfast is a good spread, but service was all over the place. Only a few times did we get great services - mostly mediocre to down right atrocious.

Besides the history of the bar - nothing special. Drinks are outrageous and service was always bad. Nearly had to tackle servers to get refills.