FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:10 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Thanks for your response. This was not a typical "Cash + Points" stay as Marriott uses that term and to which you appear to refer by "C&P stay". If it were, I already understand that the cash portion does not earn points.

Instead, this was an award stay using a TP e-cert with a paid upgrade portion to a room type that cannot be redeemed using only an e-cert - Marriott presents it differently than C+P rates - as "Marriott Rewards Upgrade, eCertificate plus XXX USD required per night". Though, I certainly can understand if the cash upgrade portion should not earn points; but, I'm looking for an answer to that question (not about C+P bookings).

Parking was on-property self-parking; but, I suppose they could argue it was farmed-out somehow.
I understand, my point is, when on an award stay, there is no credit for any cash portion paid, be it a Cash + Points (which I see more as a joke so they can claim a matching benefit with other programs), or a co-pay for an upgrade. Unfortunately, MR will have the final say and any would be your best bet to find out. FT anecdotes carry no weight with MR, especially since MR has bailed from FT years ago.