FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Boeing 777
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:09 am
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by SussexFly
Morning

I’m hoping someone can help, I’m flying to ANU in January on a “high J” LGW 777-200 and wanted to book the bassinet seats in the forward CW cabin (row 4, seats E/F) - obviously by waiting for check in to open.

However, according to EF, 4F has now been taken.
2 questions
  1. should I pay & book my seats now or sit tight and wait for check in to open. The chances of getting 2 seats together is slowly diminishing.
  2. Do the crew start the bar/meal service from row 1 or from row 1 and row 10 where the galley is? I.e if I book row 10 will I be first to be served or one of the last, or shall I book seats in the forward cabin to be one of the first served.
Generally bassinet seats won't open until 3 days out if they are available. The 'High-J' phrase is commonly referred to as the 747's which have 86 J seats, and of course LHR based as there are no BA 747's at LGW. I see from your previous posts it's a 3 class 777 on the way out and a 4 class 777 on the way back. If that is the case then:

1) If you want to sit together and you feel your chances are diminishing then it really is your call whether to pay or not or take a chance at online check in which may not have much left. Given ANU and the Caribbean is in high demand in January then that may be something to consider?

2) As for the service order I have no idea but if you post on the thread below then I am very sure you will get a fairly quick answer by one of the helpful cabin crew members who post here and who can clarify the way it should be done.

Ask the Staffer