FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone here have VAT refund experience with Global Blue in Europe?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:25 am
tarunchatha

Originally Posted by TommyC80
Never had an issue with global blue in the past until my recent trip to Italy.

I received my refund in Venice, got my forms stamped at the airport and mailed them as usual.

This time, customer service says they never received my form and tried to charge my credit card back for the refund and their admin charges (almost $600).

Chase blocked the charges automatically and closed the associate card number down. Their fraud department is supposed to call me to discuss the matter.

Now, global blue has no way of proving they didn't "lose" my forms and receipts. I have no way of proving I mailed them.

I feel I am in the right to tell Chase that I followed the instructions as printed on the form, therefore the charges should not be authorized. Global Blue can fight it out with chase if they want in my view

Anyone else have similar experience with this? Most of the posts I see are about people who had charges from global blue actually post to their credit card. I can't find any where someone had the charges declined, then had to duke it out with Global Blue afterwards.

Dear ,
I had a similar experience . My Credit Card company called me and asked if I want to allow this transaction from Global Blue and I refused ad Global Blue was trying to charge me the refund amount on my credit card . I'd completed everything that was required by Global Blue starting from stamping to dropping .

now that I've refused I was wondering what will happen the next time we go shopping and try to get a refund from Global Blue ? Would they be able to see this record by our Passport number or Credit Card number ? Hope we face no problem getting a refund from Global Blue again ??

Regards