FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Purser Thanks Every Single Medallion on Flight (RDU-CDG)
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:24 am
The Situation

Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013
I always love stories like this because they are of employees going above and beyond. I enjoy that in any industry/job - or anytime someone seems to apparently still care in our transient society. Not every purser does this, but he did. Not every FA remembers first class passenger names while serving them on a flight, but some still do. Not every FA thanks F or J passengers prior to landing, but some do. Not every Captain speaks to the F cabin in person prior to a flight departing, but some do. And these are just the onboard folks. There are Sky Club, ACS, Reservations, and many others behind the scenes who we’ll never interact with who go above and beyond, too. Great job to this purser! Keep it up.

More and more, I notice that many employees have a signature thing they do. Some make a point of remembering your name, some give thank you notes, etc. I received a hand written thank you note with my connecting gate info on a domestic flight a few weeks back which I thought was really awesome, but if I received a thank you note every time, it wouldn't have that same specialness. When DL employees go out of their way to make us feel special, its definitely noticed and appreciated and I do my best to write in compliments and help promote and encourage this.