FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've been Global Services for 5 years and I'm looking elsewhere. Anyone else?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:11 am
nauce

@porciuscato -- That's exactly what I'm talking about. I have had that sort of outcome so many times in the last 18 months. It cheapens the whole thing. Why treat the top 1% of your revenue that way? What is there to gain? (Obvious answer being: it's an oligopoly, and largely we have no choice, so we are a captive customer.. haha.. so asked and answered. =])

@dll -- I would make the decision based on routing, tbh. Looks like they are all slipping.

What I'm able to glean from this thread after going back and re-reading it is that the people who are free agents seem to have the best mental health situation. No one to be beholden to. Never feeling betrayed. Keeping it a transaction.. every time. Not pretending you care about them.. (or expecting them to care about you).

I write this as I book my next flight on Singapore Airlines. Here goes nothing. Thanks all!

@flyerbaby19 -- I instructed my assistant to always call a minimum of 3 times. Always.

When she 'senses a dud', just call hang up and call back.

The variance in quality is, quite frankly, horrifying. Of course, I've never run a company with 16k+ employees. Cannot even imagine how hard it would be to begin firing someone in that role. Yuck.

Gotta assume that those people will stay in the role until retirement.

And yeah, it's sad.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 30, 2017 at 11:42 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member