FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:03 am
toomanybooks
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Do the signup bonus points (60k x2) for both Plus and Premier cards still post on the statement date after spendings requirement is met? Any reports of the points posting earlier than that, such as mid-statement, immediately after spend requirement is reached? As it is, my wife's 2 cards both have statement close dates on 1/1 so I would hate if we spent the $2000 x2 on 12/27 and points posted on 12/30.
This was covered extensively in previous years here. Worth reading some of those threads.

Bottom line is that in the first couple months of WN Chase CC accounts, weird things can happen. Extra statements dropping unexpectedly (short months), delayed bonuses, early bonuses, etc.

And Chase Customer Service will tell you all kinds of things, make promises, etc. Some of that stuff is even true. In any case, spending in the last ~5 days before a statement drops will typically cause an extra 1-month delay in the bonus points posting.

And Chase statement drop dates are not set in stone anyway. Mine vary by a day quite often. I looked once over a multi-year period and this TENDS to be associated with a holiday or a weekend, but not always.

If I were you, I would spend 1/1/18.