FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Tribute Portfolio hotel in the world -- what are your favorites?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:17 am
khabah

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I've only stayed at the Yuluxe Sheshan, Shanghai and the Great Northern so far, but have a stay at the Vagabond Club for New Year's.

Despite its age, the Yuluxe was a great place to shack up away from Shanghai's lunacy. The grounds were spacious, the rooms were huge and their food was good. I'm sure some upgrading wouldn't do this hotel any harm, but as an independent property with an SPG affiliation, I have no complaints.

The Great Northern is an absolute gem. I stayed there in December 2014 before it joined Tribute and was wowed by its design, sassy staff and their incredible food at Plum + Spilt Milk. Stayed again last year and was upgraded from a Couchette to Cubitt Room and once again had a flawless stay. If I recall correctly, I read an interview once where the hotel owner said he was waiting for a Starwood brand to slot his hotel into and the concept/idea of Tribute was the one he was waiting for, so they jumped on it. A fabulous addition to the brand, if I do say so, and definitely my favorite [for now... let's see what this Vagabond fuss is all about!].

khabah