FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with Airbnb?
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:02 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
So here is why I dislike AirBnB and much prefer VRBO. It goes along with what I said earlier about the quality of the clientele. AirBnB-ers tend to be much cheaper and wanting even more of a discount as opposed to just paying the quoted total as they tend to do on VRBO.

AirBnB inquiry for next September. My place was PERFECT, never seen one better, is dying to stay there, doesn't want to stay anywhere else, etc. But wants a 6am checkin. I said if it is available at the time, sure, but if it is imperative to check in that early, she should book the night before to be sure as I can't guarantee someone else won't book it (I am always pretty much 100% booked, which you can see if you scroll through my calendar) and if so, it then wouldn't be vacant for a 6am check in. She sent me back a snotty reply about how I have no idea what good customer service is. Seriously, she expects me to block off an extra night for her for free on a 7 night stay a year in advance?

This rarely happens on VRBO. People either book an extra night before or after if they need it without even asking about extended time, or they ask me how much for a late check out. I should note that I always give a late check out free to anyone who stays a decent amount of time (like 3 weeks or more). I just block off that night for them. But to expect it on a short stay and then to get mad when I won't give them a free night (at $159)? Sheesh.