FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Air stock falls sharply on difficulties with Virgin, Horizon Air
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:30 am
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Honest question: how does the schedule AS has compare to WN for your needs?
this. i love the AS service add to SAN from SMF, but they fly 3x daily. WN fluctuates between 8-12x i think depending on the day and the time of year.

my girlfriend does 100% of her business travel within CA on business select fares. i poked her with the idea of taking AS to SAN when i joined her last trip, but to make her meeting we would've been on the 6am departure. instead, we took a leisurely 8:45am departure and she was into her 11am meeting on the waterfront with time for a pit stop at Starbucks.

in the past 3 weeks she has flown WN to BUR, SAN, ONT, and SNA for work...all on refundable fares, and all within an hour of the time she wanted to leave her origin/destination. let's be real -- it's going to be a LONG time before AS builds up to the point of winning her as a potential customer.

i was already jumping ship for DL and will make PM this year, but with the easy-peasy companion pass offer and a very important new nonstop route for me personally being added @ SMF, WN is just becoming too compelling to ignore when it comes to domestic travel. even making A list is not really all that challenging with a round trip a month basically.