FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mumbai CSIA [BOM] connection/departure experience reports
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:58 pm
desi

Originally Posted by arav_m
I am in tricky situation and need members help. I am flying from LAX to BOM on Singapore First class and it is award travel. I realized 2 days back that I need to add segment BOM-HYD to existing reservation. Singapore Airlines can't find Air India award seat available to add this segment. I have following question and request all to help:

1. Best option to carry luggage all the way to Hyderabad: Will Air India accept this baggage if I make a separate reservation BOM-HYD in a flight that leaves next available time within 24 hours?
2. My flight reaches late night and if I can't take baggage in separate Air India reservation or cost is too high, what options do I have?

Appreciate your inputs....
This has been asked and answered many times on this thread recently.

Separate reservation will have its own baggage allowance. Class/Status/CreditCard may help but that should be clear from AI website.

You will be going through customs and checking in at BOM.

This is not India specific problem,

Think about flying BA from LHR to LAX in First and then buying a separate ticket on frontier or spirit or even united. They will not give a damn that you flew from London or flew on FIrst class on BA.

The best shot would be to have Singapore add separately purchased segment to your original PNR. (SIA may be able to sell you that segment on AI)