FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Favorite Le Meridien property, worldwide
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:40 pm
UASPG

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Favorite Le Meridien property, worldwide

Definitely not the Le Meridien Etoile, which is probably one of the oldest Le Meridien. Even when Le Meridien still belonged to Air France, the management realized that it was not a model to be reproduced.

Le Meridien Bora Bora is definitely the best location, but the hotel looks dated in comparison to the other hotels around, even though it had been refurbished a few years ago.

Le Meridien Tahiti is even more dated and the location definitely does not look as good as the one on Bora Bora.

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran is located on a very small land, next to an IC which stands on a very large one. A building had to be squeezed on the small lot and it shows. Ownership issue that prevents GM and staff to stay at the hotel.

I did not like that Le Méridien Jakarta.
Le Meridien Phuket has a nice location but the building is far from being spectacular. The clientele is probably not the best that you can hope for.

Le Meridien Chiang Rai has a nice set up. The large suite, where we got upgraded during our last stay, is very well designed.

Le Meridien Bangkok used to be better when the management was more stable. The staff is not what it used to be.

Le Meridien Chiang Mai is a modern and convenient hotel where regular guests are very well treated. The pastries and croissants are top quality at the hotel.

Le Meridien Suvarnabhumi's building is nice but, unless you are part of a convention in the next door building, there is not much use for this hotel.

Le Meridien Jaipur is not spectacular, but nice enough and the Presidential suite where we were staying (another nice upgrade) is large enough to get lost.

Le Méridien Angkor is far from being the best hotel near Angkor Wat.

I have not been to the Le Parker Méridien New York for a long time but keep a fairly good souvenir of my stays.

Before preparing this list, I did not realize that I had been to some many Le Meridien hotels, and there are also the ones that I have been to, but are no longer Le Meridien. Le Meridien Khao Lak and the Plaza Athenee were two of them where I spent a fair amount of nights - I enjoyed both.

Le Meridien Koh Samui: we went there a few times, also liked the lantern ritual and the taste level of the place, but like the LM Jimbaran in Bali, the hotel was built on a too small land.
The other issue was the beach and the absence of it, most of the time.

The other hotel that I had forgotten was the Le Meridien Nice. Nothing exceptional that I can remember. Certainly not my favorite.

I would say that Le Meridien Chiang Mai is the one I enjoy the most, essentially because of the way the staff and management treat us.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...language=en_US

Last edited by UASPG; Oct 31, 2017 at 11:04 am Reason: Added 2 properties that I had forgotten on my original post