FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:06 pm
CurbedEnthusiasm

DL 45
DUB-JFK
Lunch (Y)

A couple key differences from our outbound coach flight to Ireland:
- Return flight had 2 main choices (chicken or cheese pasta). Outbound had 3 choices, one of which was an entree salad.
- There were crackers and a delicious pretzel roll on the return. Outbound, we got cheese with no crackers, and some packaged breadsticks which I guess was the substitute for the roll.

Lunch service began with drinkable prosecco (Avissi; retails for $12/bottle). I loved the olive oil and sea salt pretzel sticks. A little Fresca washed down the packet of almonds.

Name:  DUB drinks.jpg
Views: 1815
Size:  301.2 KB

The FA actually described the chicken as "pesto chicken with potatoes," which was appreciated given how often FAs are scant with details. Again, this Y meal surpassed many domestic F meals. The chicken was tender and covered in a robust tomato sauce, and the cheesy potatoes au gratin were delicious. The salad was a bit paltry (iceberg lettuce, tomato, and some shards of radish), but the dressing was oil and vinegar (yay for no mayo). The pretzel roll was room temperature and soft as can be. Dessert was a delicious chocolate mousse.

Name:  dub lunch.jpg
Views: 1908
Size:  368.9 KB

Mid-flight snack:
Ice cream sundaes were passed out. The ice cream was of a good quality, though hard as a rock and needed time to thaw.

Name:  ice cream.jpg
Views: 1797
Size:  269.3 KB

Pre-flight arrival snack:
While the mincemeat sandwich wouldn't have been my first choice, I was elated to find out this cold sandwich was not lathered with mayo. It was certainly edible, but far more enjoyable was the little apple crumble cake. The mignardise was a packet of Tic Tacs.

Name:  DUB snack.jpg
Views: 1806
Size:  296.1 KB