FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nice personal gesture of IHG Airport hotel: Thanks IHG!
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:26 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by graeylin
I just wanted to give a positive thread to IHG, and to one of their hotels/managers, for an extra benefit to an IHG member.

I contacted the manager of an IHG property located near the airport I frequently fly out of, about a 2 hour drive from my home. I asked about parking in their lot, and getting a shuttle to the airport, and back, while I was traveling. The manager could have said "No, but thank you for asking", and instead, she said "Certainly! We'd love to!"

So, twice now, I have been able to park at the hotel, and grab their shuttle, for easy access to the airport, drop off at the curb, and my vehicle is left in what I feel is a safer spot than the off-airport parking lot, and for free.

Not only did the manager offer me the shuttle and parking, but this past week, when I arrived, I found out that their shuttle was broken down. But, they had already arranged a cab to get me at the hotel, and take me to the airport, gratis!

I, of course, stay at IHG properties at the other end of my journey, but since they are all independently owned, that really doesn't help this local property manager. She just open the hospitality and provides it for nothing more than a sincere thank you from me.
So, you’re not staying at the property, but just parking and getting free shuttle service?