FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Air stock falls sharply on difficulties with Virgin, Horizon Air
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:40 am
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by chrisl137
No need to check in at T-24:00:00.
What I didn't expect was WN to pay so much attention to the California flyers. Let's be real, WN has had a tough time filling seats in CA (public $29 sales and lower redemption cost flights). If WN is having a tough time, AS/VX must be in worse shape. I was one of VXs first flyers with others, so this is my bread and butter.

Don't like T24 checkin? Free A-List for rest of 2017 and easy to get for 2018.

Thinking twice about taking a stop or no FC? Have a CP for 69 dollars for all of 2018.

Oh and we will talk about that AS destination you love, Hawaii, every week in the media even though it is probably 2019 before we can go there and yes, it will fly from California. I don't remember Southwest being so early talking about a destination in storytelling detail. It is all to attack AS.

If Southwest can covert a few more one stops to non-stop to PNW from California, there is no hope I think for AS. I think SWA forced mass plane retirement was a bit of a temporary bummer, but they gave enough gifts to keep the kids happy and patient for at least all of 2018. What will SWA do for 2019? We shall find out.

To me, AA is still asleep on this issue and UA is not relevant. I really think SWA thinks they can take down AS and get those flyers and volume. Some may think otherwise, but SWA is sending me an email about the free CP every week and removed the invitation aspect by putting it on the website! This is nuts for them. How can any California flyer take anyone but SWA on all their midcons until end of 2018?

Rasheed