FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:58 am
pallhedge

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My wife applied and was approved for 2 Southwest personal cards (Plus and Premier) on 10/1. Statement date isn't announced yet but next payment is on 11/26. Chase seems to post statement 3 days after due date. I'm aiming for the Companion Pass in early January, so I'm trying to figure out when to complete spending requirements. It has to be within 90 days (I don't want to risk the 120 days other people are reporting), which willgive me until 12/30. I could complete the spend requirement on 12/29 (which will probably be statement date), but I worry that the points may not post automatically if transaction finalizes after 12/30. If I make the purchase too early, then I risk having the Pliny's post in late December. I've never called Chase to change statement date-- do I need to wait for first statement to close before I call?
Chase runs on 28 day months. So, if your due date is the 26th, the statement date will be the 1st of each month. Theoretically, you can meet the spending requirement any time after Dec 2 and the bonus points won't post until after Jan 1... theoretically.