FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Screening Measures and "Interviews" for Passengers on US Bound Flights
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:53 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by greggarious
This is interesting to me.

As a US citizen, I'm allowed to return and not technically required to answer questions from CBP.

But this seems like a loophole: if you don't answer additional questions, you can't get on the plane.

I would assume this could face a legal challenge.
Lawsuits being successful against the government for the immediate actions of the airline and/or the airline’s contractor isn’t something I consider to be all that likely. This would be a more difficult challenge than even dealing with governmental no-fly blacklist hits depriving otherwise free US citizens of exercising a fundamental right to return to the country of citizenship.

The government has a history of even denying US citizens a US passport to return home absent some such citizens subjecting themselves to interrogation that may deprive them of their freedom by even placing them in jeopardy of being criminally prosecuted for their answers (honest or otherwise). And those are situations where hiding behind a corporate front doesn’t fly as well.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 27, 2017 at 1:59 pm